valuation of rent free accomodation

IN FINANCE ACT 2007, THERE IS CHANGE IN VALUE OF RENT FREE ACCOMODATION WITH RESTROPECTIVE EFFECT FROM ASSESSMENT YEAR 2006-07.. BUT RULE 3(1) IS NOT AMENDED. I HAVE TO FILE RETURN FOR THE ASSESSMENT YEAR 2007-08 HOW I VALUE MY PERKS. WHETHER I WILL TAKE RATE 20% , 15% OR 10% & 7.5%. IF I HAVE TO TAKE 10% OR 7.5% , THEN CAN I REVISED MY RETURN OF ASSESSMENT YEAR 2006-07.

Mr Yogesh

The amendment is applicable for Concessional accomodation not on rent free accomodations. In my opinion you should file your revised return to claim deduction which were allowed retrospectively..

I think you may already be filed your ITR, coz itz to late.