Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tds claim of previous year

This query is : Resolved 

Dear Sir

My client forgots to file ITR of F.Y. 2011-12. TDS deducted during that year was 63000

Now can i brought forward that TDS in Return of F.Y. 2014-15 by showing that income in current year ?

No you can't do that. Instead file condonation application with CIT as per circular 9/2015 dt. 09/06/2015 and file manual return for FY 2011-12 seeking refund.


In case we follow the prcoess, what are the concequences ? Will the credit be denied by CPC ?

Since, bcoz making application to CIT may involve scrutiny of records, which is not in favour of assessee

Yes the credit will not be allowed.

The only remedy is that you file an application before CIT for condonation of delay in filling your ITR narrating the reasons for not filling ITR in time. If the CIT is satisfied with your reason of delay he may permit you to file the ITR and claim refund.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries