This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 29 June 2010

Please let me know whether quaterly TDS returns(form 26Q) can be filed without payment of interest on delayed TDS payments.Further, I would like to know whether TDS paid in excess of TDS liability for a particular month can be carried forward and adjusted towards TDS liability in the subsequent month.

CMA Ramesh Krishnan (Expert)
29 June 2010

Yes.canbe filed but Departemnt find the same can be demanded for payment and Excess payment of TDS can be adjusted susquent month with in that Financial year

Shyam Lal Naik (Expert)
29 June 2010

Can be filed without payment of interest, although it should be paid before filing the quarterly return.

Technically, a challan can be used in one quarter only. If the challan is bifurcated and shown in 2 or more quarters, there shall be mismatch in the OLTAS.

Excess TDS of a particular month can be carried forward to next month, provided both the months fall in the same quarter.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x