becker cma

Limited Period Offer Avail 20% discount in all subjects CA,CS and CMA,Coupon- OFFER20 Call: 088803-20003

CA Final Online Classes

Tax on payment to a foreign national for a service

I am thinking of taking a copy-editing service from a UK foreign national. He is not an NRI. For this, I need to pay about eighty thousand INR through an intermediary freelancing websites. Though I am a freelancer myself in my own profession, the service I plan to take is not related to my profession at all. Could somebody answer if I need to to pay any tax on the payment I am going to make? Note the amount to be paid is not my income, rather it is my expenditure for a private work/use that is not my business. The service itself is business to the foreign national. He does not have any office in India and he himself is a professional freelancer.