Surcharge and education cess

Union Budget 2009 states that there is no surchage and education cess on certain tds provisions. My question is;
1. From which date this provision is applicable - from the date of presentation of the budget or from the date of assent by the president or from 1.10.2009?

Provisio to clause 11 and 12 of section 2 of The Finance (No 2) Bill 2009 speaks about the referred matter. At the same time clause 2 of section 1 says Section 2 to 83 of the said bill is applicable from 01/4/2009. Therefore,if the Hon'ble president give her assent to this amendment,it is applicable from 01/4/2009.
This is my understanding of the Finance Bill and views of other members are solicited.

it will be applicable from 1/10/09 subject to the approval to the proposed budget.