CA Loan Bajaj Finserv
CA Final Online Classes
CA Classes

Rental income

We have doing business under proprietorship and registered in GST.

1. We have received rental income of Residential property around 10 Lakh PA
2. And we have planning to give another commercial property for rent and further amount of 12 Lakhs per annum.

Kindly clarify We have liable to collect GST for Commercial property only or both Residential also.

What is the rental GST Rate and threshold limit.

Thanks in advance.

You are liable to collect GST only for commercial property.

Sir Thanks your reply

Can we off set of this ITC for some other business GST Payables.

How would you get ITC since this is your outward supply

Thanks Altamush Zafar sir..

We have doing rent a cab business under proprietor concern.. and we have collected rental income along with GST rate of 18%, So if I collected GST from Commercial Rent.. Can we offset this GST as ITC with our business GST Payables.

Thanks in advance.

In both the cases you are collecting GST and then paying. In both cases you are the supplier
Input Tax Credit is available where you pay GST to the supplier or service provider

Thanks Altamush Zafar sir..

In my business We have paid rent to the Building owner.. They are charging along with GST..

And vehicle Repaire & Maintanance we have received the bills with GST amount..

So.. My query is can we adjust these GST Payable as ITC.. ( In rent a cab we are collecting 12% GST from my service receipient)

Advance thanks for your reply.