GST Course
CA Final Online Classes
CA Classes

Notice u/s 139(9) FOR AY 2020-21

I have filled ITR 3 for above assessment year in which I have filled Item 64 of Part A of Profit and loss account and Item 6 of Balance Sheet as I have not maintained regular books of account , yet I have received notice for defective return stating that I have not filled PART A of PNL and Bsheet. Whether it is correct notice ?? should I have to filled whole balance sheet and profit and loss account ?

It's correct notice. You have to fill turnover and expenses in p and l and balance sheet details as applicable to you if maintenance of books of accounts applicable to you.
In case maintenance of books of accounts not applicable to you, select the option and leave p and l and balance sheet blank.

Sir I have already filled details in Item 64 of Part A of PNL , as regular books of accounts of business not maintained,

What is your turnover and profit reported. Did you select the option of no accounts case.

My turnover was approx 750000 and profit approx 342000/-, from where to select no account case in ITR ??

File ITR 4 opt for 44AD