Notice and not consideration of expenses by income tax dept.

Hello,
I got an intimation u/s 143(1) where the income tax dept.is saying to pay tax. In the intimation, they have not considered my HRA amount also the index cost of the improvement is also not being considered. Now, what should I do?
( In Form 16 issued by my employer HRA amount is not mentioned ).

Before final intimation u/s. 143(1), didn't you receive any defective notice u/s. 139(9) or communication for proposed adjustment u/s. 143(1)(a)?

thank u soo much sir for ur reply .
U/s 139(9) defective return not recvd but U/s 143(1)(a) was received . after which I tried to revise the return but was not allowed to file revise return becasue intimation has been issued . Now how shld i resolve this demand?

You should have replied to the adjustment letter u/s. 143(1)(a). As the same was not objected to the adjustment within stipulated 15 days, it was presumed to be accepted by you.
If you have proper evidence of the claim for the said deductions. You may file rectification request u/s. 154. But be sure to submit them whenever asked.

Afrer recving the intimation u/s 143(1)(a) I tried to revise but msg was coming since intimation is issued u cannot revise the return . Now sir , what shld I do to resolve the issue

File rectification request u/s. 154, and submit the copies of the evidences.
Hope rectification window has opened in the new website. If not , wait for its opening.

Sorry , I should have mentioned it earlier . This intimation I received is fr A.Y.2020-2021. can I still rectify the return . Very sorry that I don't mention abt the A.Y.

Yes you can rectify the return for AY 2020-21. But don't make any other changes from the earlier filed ITR. Just submit the proofs for HRA & COI.

Sure sir ,thnk u sooo much sir fr your time and reply