MSME Certified Income Tax Live Batch to commence from 25th January 2022. Limited Seats. Register Now!!

taskopad

Nedd help on service tax & vat

11 December 2012 Dear Freinds,
I have a invoice in which the supplier has charged service tax on entire amt @ 12.36% & Vat is also charged & 8% on the same (net) amount. I wish to knwo is it the right procedure? Example: Net Amount Rs 19700 Service Tax @ 12.36% 2435 8% MVAT (OUTPUT) 1576

11 December 2012 What is service provided by him??

12 December 2012 Sir the Service Tax Charged on Labour & Vat is charged on Material as we have issued a Purchase Order for Works Contract.

12 December 2012 You have to pay service tax only on service portion and VAT is payable on the amount of material supplied

12 December 2012 Vat is rightly charged on the invoice but service tax would be charged @12.36% on 60% of total gross amount charged.

expand_less