CCI Online Learning
50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ITR wrongly filed for A.Y. 2018-19

This query is : Resolved 

Dear Sir,

One of my client has wrongly filed his ITR-1 for AY 2018-19 showing everything as zero in his return filed.
The actual gross total income was Rs. 15 lacs on which 1.50 lacs tds was deducted.

Is there any way I can correct his return as there is refund of Rs. 1.37 lacs for that year.

While filing a rectification request, I was getting an error message that Gross Total Income (25 lacs) is not the same as filed in the original return (zero) filed.

Please help me in the above matter.

Divyesh Jain

Change of income not allowed under rectification of ITR.

If I file a rectification request and keep the income constant as shown in ITR return (which is zero) and change the TDS amount from zero to Rs. 1.50 lacs and claim the refund for the same.

Once he receives the rectification order, the income tax (cpc) may calculate income based on 26AS (25 lacs) and calculate his tax liability accordingly and issue less refund which is not a problem for him as the income will be calculated correctly by cpc in the rectification order.

Is this the way I can rectify his return. In original return, income will be zero but in rectification order income will show 25 lacs.

You will not receive rectification order but defective return notice for which you can file revised return with higher income.

Ok, That means once I must file a zero income return and claim tds.

Then after receiving a defective notice return as you say, will be able to file the correct return by revising it.


Thanks a lot sir.. Will try this way and resolve the issue.

Dear Sir,

Today I got a phone call from my client for whom I have filed zero return and claimed the TDS credit.

My client got the entire TDS credit as refund as I have shown zero income.
He didn't get any defective return notice for not showing any income which was reflecting in his 26 AS.

What can be done now as still I haven't revise the return and claimed the entire TDS credit as refund.

Divyesh Jain

Pay the tax payable under self assessment, so that you can reply to the notice if any received and penalty can be avoided.
Normally no notice will be received.

Ok, I think it is a good solution. I will try this way. Thanks again.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x