Intimation under section 200A of IT ACT, 1961

This query is : Resolved 

18 October 2010

Dear Experts,

Kindly suggest me on the above subject. We got a letter from Office of the TDS Ward, mentioning that there are some defaults found in our tds return filled for FY 2009-2010.They have also given us a time of 7 days to correct this error. This letter says that if this error is in data entry then we will have to fill a 'correction statement' with TIN-FC within 10 days.And if this default in otherwise, then the total amount of default needs to be paid within 7 days.

Experts,I have checked our tds returns, there is no mistake. Whatever amounts they are asking for, is in no relation with our tds payments.

kindly suggest me what action should I take now?

taxindiaconnect (Expert)
18 October 2010

These notices are being issued by system these day to most of the taxpayers who have filed the TDS returns. You need to suitably draft a letter explaining the correctness of your return on each error notified to you and submit and explain the same to your assessing officer. he will correct the error in system. Believe, this works.

CA. Rishabh Mittal (Expert)
20 February 2012

Check PAN of the deductees mentioned in the annexure to this intimation. The amount may be correct but PAN may be entered wrongly by mistake.
We also received the same notices where amount was correct but PAN was entered wrongly by mistake.

Dont forget to intimate AO (TDS) about the corrections made by you.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x