Income tax filing returns - salary or other sources

Dear Professionals,

I have a small query regarding filing of Individual Income tax returns,

A individual person is working as contractee and receiving monthly amount after deducting TDS under Section 194J – Fees for professional or technical services by the employer.

Since the individual person is having only one source of income which is above contract monthly amount.

Do the person need to file income tax returns under Income from Salaries or can be filed under Income from other sources?

Please me on the above and do the needful.

Jay

The Person received the income as Professional Fee. Also TDS deducted u/s 194J. Then he will file his income as PGPB (professional Income).

Thank you for your kind help Raja sir.

You are most welcome Sir...

Since, the assesses is a individual person is working as contractee and receiving monthly amount after deducting TDS under Section 194J – Fees for professional or technical services by the employer. Can the assesee use the ITR 2 form to file a return? Please help me on this.

No dear... He also required to file ITR 3 or ITR 4 (if eligible u/s 44ADA).

Yea sure, thank you for your kind help Raja sir.

gstr 9
ca rankholder interview
itr
Service Tax
csr
Others
epf
tcs
rbi
companies act 2013
gst
taxpayers
income tax
unified portal
students
ca students
exams
Info Technology
VAT
sebi