Income tax filing returns - salary or other sources

Dear Professionals,

I have a small query regarding filing of Individual Income tax returns,

A individual person is working as contractee and receiving monthly amount after deducting TDS under Section 194J – Fees for professional or technical services by the employer.

Since the individual person is having only one source of income which is above contract monthly amount.

Do the person need to file income tax returns under Income from Salaries or can be filed under Income from other sources?

Please me on the above and do the needful.

Jay

RAJA P M (Expert)

Click to Talk 20 May 2019
The Person received the income as Professional Fee. Also TDS deducted u/s 194J. Then he will file his income as PGPB (professional Income).

Jayaraman Appal Raju (Querist)
Thank you for your kind help Raja sir.

RAJA P M (Expert)

Click to Talk 21 May 2019
You are most welcome Sir...

Jayaraman Appal Raju (Querist)
Since, the assesses is a individual person is working as contractee and receiving monthly amount after deducting TDS under Section 194J – Fees for professional or technical services by the employer. Can the assesee use the ITR 2 form to file a return? Please help me on this.

RAJA P M (Expert)

Click to Talk 30 May 2019
No dear... He also required to file ITR 3 or ITR 4 (if eligible u/s 44ADA).

Jayaraman Appal Raju (Querist)
Yea sure, thank you for your kind help Raja sir.

×
Get Income Tax App    |    x