income from house property

08 June 2007
1.Suppose I am having two house properties at different places out of which one I will occupy for self and In another My parents stay ( native place). Can I claim one which I tay as self occupied ant the other as deemed self occupied.

2.In another case Mr X stays in one potion of his own house and another portion gives for lease for 3 years. What is the treatment. (he is not getting monthly rent)


PR Choudahry (Expert)
09 June 2007
I CAse : If u have not earned any income from II nd house than no effect on taxability.

II nd case : House is trat is two unit & Rent received from one unit is taxable & another as SOP .

Murulidhara S (Querist)
09 June 2007
Thank u sir instant respnonse. My doubt is in 2nd case ie if one portions is given for lease by receiveng lumpsum amount for a period of say three years. How to calculate rental income in the absence of annnual rental value?

PR Choudahry (Expert)
10 June 2007
income is chargeable to tax on due basis or received basis which ever is earlier.

Murulidhara S (Querist)
11 June 2007
Thanu very much. Now it is clear for me.

23 August 2008
Thank you

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

ITC Webinar
Get Income Tax App    |    x