income from house property

1.Suppose I am having two house properties at different places out of which one I will occupy for self and In another My parents stay ( native place). Can I claim one which I tay as self occupied ant the other as deemed self occupied.

2.In another case Mr X stays in one potion of his own house and another portion gives for lease for 3 years. What is the treatment. (he is not getting monthly rent)

Murulidhara.S

I CAse : If u have not earned any income from II nd house than no effect on taxability.

II nd case : House is trat is two unit & Rent received from one unit is taxable & another as SOP .

Thank u sir instant respnonse. My doubt is in 2nd case ie if one portions is given for lease by receiveng lumpsum amount for a period of say three years. How to calculate rental income in the absence of annnual rental value?

income is chargeable to tax on due basis or received basis which ever is earlier.

Thanu very much. Now it is clear for me.

Thank you

ca rankholder interview
icsi
icai
cbdt
esic
traces
ca exams may 2020
aatmanirbhar bharat
shares stock
dgft
gst council meeting
tcs
rbi
unified portal
gstr 3b
taxpayers
newgstreturn
gst return
companies act 2013
Service Tax
tds
ca exams
csr
accounts