Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


This query is : Resolved 

I am employing in Surat City where i m staying in rented premises and my family is living in rented premises at Mumbai. But Rent of Mumbai house is higher than Surat City. In such situation, Can I submit a Rent Receipt of Mumbai city in which my family is living against HRA from my employer?

No, you cannot claim like that, you are actualy staying in Surat rent receipt should be in Surat

May i know any reason? or clarification with Text of Law

Exemption u/s 10(13A) is allowable only on any special allowance specifically granted to an assessee by his employer to meet expenditure actually incurred on payment of rent (by whatever name called) in respect of residential accommodation occupied by the assessee.

So you have to occupy the premises and pay rent on the same fro claiming HRA

Bajaj Finserv

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries

Trending Tags
X GST Plus