MSME Certified Income Tax Live Batch to commence from 25th January 2022. Limited Seats. Register Now!!

taskopad

How are goods received when goods are returned

23 November 2021 Wr had sold goods to a party by eway bill. Now the party is returning the goods. When goods will be returned by the party is it mandatory to issue eway bill. Who will generate eway bill? Who will generate credit or debit note? If eway bill required to be generated which documents details need to be given in eway bill. Please clarify?

23 November 2021 Yes, e-way bill needs to be generated for any movement of goods. Therefore, even in case of sales returns, the e-way bill needs to be generated and in this situation, e-way bill needs to be generated by that person who is causing movement of such sales return or the transporter who is actually moving the goods.

Use delivery challan for return of goods.
Credit note to be given by the seller of goods.

23 November 2021 We don't use delivery challan. Does credit note will work with eway bill. Pl clarify?

23 November 2021 Yes, obtain credit from seller and use it.

24 November 2021 I am the seller and I will be making movement of goods. I have to issue debit note? Pl advise

24 November 2021 You are the buyer returning the goods, so obtain credit note

24 November 2021 I am the seller. As a seller what I have to do to receive goods.

24 November 2021 The buyer will not transport goods. Goods will be transported by the seller. Pl give details from sellers point of view

24 November 2021 Raise credit note on buyer with GST prepare e way bill based on credit note take back the material.

24 November 2021 Only credit note and eway bill need to be given with vehicle at the time of movement of goods

24 November 2021 No other document required to be given with credit note

24 November 2021 No other documents required.

expand_less