Head of income

I have a query regarding the income earned by a junior resident doctor during their MD/DNB course of post graduation.I wanted to know whether their income be taxable or not.If taxable then in which head of income it is required to be shown.No Tds is deducted by the hospital where he is doing his post graduation.His income is Rs 600000. Thanks in advance.. Please respond as soon as possible.

You need to check the Offer Letter/Appointment letter for the aforesaid role. If the compensation paid is paid as Salary/Compensation/Wages or by any other name in the nature of Salary paid at a regular interval, then you should consider this as Income from Salary.
Else, if the appointment is on Contract basis or likewise and the amount paid is considered as Consultancy Fees or likewise, being not permanent and regular in nature, then you should consider the same as Income from Business and Profession.

The income earned by a junior resident doctor during their MD/DNB course of post graduation will be taxable under salary head.

Noted, Mr Seetharaman Sir.
But not necessarily all the appointments are made in such manner.
At times such residents are paid as consultancy fees for reasons better known to the employers.

ca exams
tcs
companies act 2013
gst return
cbdt
ca rankholder interview
tds
career
VAT
tin nsdl
Others
traces
Professional Resource
dvat
shares stock
cag
income tax
dgft
Service Tax
Union Budget
Info Technology
eway bill
epf

FM by Grant Thornton    |    x