Form 103 not sent since feb 2011!

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 09 March 2012

After passing group 1 nov 2010 exam, i immediately joined as an article in a medium firm in kolkata. I got so busy in studies and work, that i forgot to fill form 108, and i was pursuing 1st year then. But i filled forms 103 and 102 instantly and gave it to my principal for stamping and postage. He did not inform me nor did he intimate me to fill form 108. Last week i was SHOCKED to see my form 103 still in the firm's file cabinet! He never sent it to ICAI. Now i have taken it back from there.

I don't like the CA, he is rude, paranoid and ill treats me. I even had an altercation with him yesterday. So i don't think he will help me send the form with details to icai.
How can i get help from icai to force him to send all my details and forms to icai?
I worked genuinely for more than a year, and i don't wanna lose my precious year of articleship. Plz help.

Ajay Mishra (Expert)
10 March 2012


Levy of fee for dealing with applications for condonation of delay in filing various forms as required under Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988

Regulations 46(2)/69(2), 46(3), 58, 65/78, 11, 19, 190(7) provide for time limits within which various Forms prescribed under these Regulations are required to be filed with the Institute. Provision for condonation of delay in filing the prescribed Forms also exists under the above Regulations. The Council of the Institute decided that Form Nos. 108 & 114 required to be filed under Regulations 50, 61(1), 71 & 75 should be filed within a period of 30 days from the date of completion of articled/audit training.

The Institute has been receiving requests for condonation of delay in filing various forms. Of late the number of such requests has been on rise indicating increased incidence of noncompliance and resultant inconvenience to the members and the students themselves. The request entails putting in avoidable time and effort at the Institute level for processing such
requests for condonation.

I will suggest you to make a request letter for con donation of delay with a fee of Rs. 1000/- along with Form-103.

The Letter will be referr to Vice President/President.

The requests for condonation should be accompanied by the appropriate forms, alongwith prescribed fee, by way of Demand Draft/Local Account Payee Cheque, drawn in favour of The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, payable at the cities where the Decentralised Offices of the Institute are located. The applicants are requested to enclose all
relevant information/documents necessary for condonation, alongwith the fee.


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 March 2012

Thank u sir, but my principal is hell bent on ruining my life. He terminated me today, and he does not yet know that i have taken my forms back from the firm's cabinet. None of the forms and deeds were signed/stamped by him till today.
Will i require his sign, stamp etc for the documents to send with letter of condonation? He won't cooperate me anyway. I mean to ask, can i show icai my 1 year of work, without the help of my principal?

Ajay Mishra (Expert)
10 March 2012


Request for transfer not accompanied by consent of Principal shall not be
accepted.In case of dispute between principal and articled assistant, the matter be settled amicably among the articled assistant and the principal concerned and the Institute shall not
interfere in such cases.

I suggest you to please request him to sign the documents.


You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Get CA Student App    |    x