Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

For HRA

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please suggest me. Can I claim HRA in ITR if I had not claim with company. Can I claim or not.

Please explain in detail to understand and answer your query

My question is if have not claim my HRA with Employer then I can claim in ITR or not.

You can claim in return , if have paid rent and got rental receipt with PAN of owner and have HRA component in your salary.

You cannot claim the House rent benefit in your income tax return if house rent allowance is not in the salary component.. If HRA is in your salary package, the house rent benefit would be :
50% of basic ( for metros ) and 40% for others on basic pay
Actual rent paid
Excess rent paid over 10% of basic pay which ever is lower.

If the monthly house rent is more than Rs.5000/- the receipt should be stamped.
If the annual house rent is more than Rs.1,00,000/- the PAN number of the landlord to be provided to employer in addition to house rent receipt.

I had claim HRA in my ITR and got 139(9) notice due to income not matched with 26AS what should I do.

What is the income shown in your ITR ? What is the income as per 26 AS ? Please work out the difference. Based on this decision to be taken .

Sir
Which income shows in 26as I had taken same and only HRA claim itr. Which was not taken from Employer. Please suggest me what should I do.

Submit your repose online . Dis agree the demand and write justification note for the difference in 26AS vs ITR,