For HRA

23 October 2019
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please suggest me. Can I claim HRA in ITR if I had not claim with company. Can I claim or not.

A.S.SUNDARARAJAN (Expert)
23 October 2019
Please explain in detail to understand and answer your query

AASHISH KUMAR (Querist)
23 October 2019
My question is if have not claim my HRA with Employer then I can claim in ITR or not.

CA Dileep Surya Kumar (Expert)
23 October 2019
You can claim in return , if have paid rent and got rental receipt with PAN of owner and have HRA component in your salary.

A.S.SUNDARARAJAN (Expert)
23 October 2019
You cannot claim the House rent benefit in your income tax return if house rent allowance is not in the salary component.. If HRA is in your salary package, the house rent benefit would be :
50% of basic ( for metros ) and 40% for others on basic pay
Actual rent paid
Excess rent paid over 10% of basic pay which ever is lower.

If the monthly house rent is more than Rs.5000/- the receipt should be stamped.
If the annual house rent is more than Rs.1,00,000/- the PAN number of the landlord to be provided to employer in addition to house rent receipt.

AASHISH KUMAR (Querist)
23 October 2019
I had claim HRA in my ITR and got 139(9) notice due to income not matched with 26AS what should I do.

A.S.SUNDARARAJAN (Expert)
23 October 2019
What is the income shown in your ITR ? What is the income as per 26 AS ? Please work out the difference. Based on this decision to be taken .

AASHISH KUMAR (Querist)
23 October 2019
Sir
Which income shows in 26as I had taken same and only HRA claim itr. Which was not taken from Employer. Please suggest me what should I do.

CA Dileep Surya Kumar (Expert)
23 October 2019
Submit your repose online . Dis agree the demand and write justification note for the difference in 26AS vs ITR,

×
Get Income Tax App    |    x