Excess itc claimed in gstr 3b july 2017

12 January 2018
I have wrongly claimed excess ITC (IGST) of 2lacs in GSTR3b for the month of July 2017 due to which Credit of IGST has been increased by Rs. 2 lacs. Now how to rectify the error? Please provide some solution...
Thanx in advance.....

CA R SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

Click to Talk 12 January 2018
Rectify the mistake in the next gstr 3b.

Priyanshu Goel (Querist)
12 January 2018
How??pls provide details.. for that whether i have to disclose taxable amount for that & disclose IGST by Rs.2lacs under taxable supplies Or in any other head?

CA R SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

Click to Talk 12 January 2018
Reverse the excess ITC and net it of with current month ITC.

Priyanshu Goel (Querist)
13 January 2018
Where? Either
- in the head ITC reversed others under 4(B)(2) of gstr 3b
OR
- in the head 3.1(a) outward taxable supplies by providing the amount under the IGST

CA R SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

Click to Talk 13 January 2018
Yes reverse under 4(B)(2).

Sunil (Expert)
I have taken ITC in Month of February for what vendor billed in February. In March I had to inform them of rejected goods as it was not complying with legal metrology. Vendor took it back in March and issued me credit note and I took acknowledgment of returned goods on delivery challan. As there is no other inward supply in march, the ITC to be reversed against credit note is more so the nett result is negative. GST portal does not accept negative number. Should one file the nil amount in GSTR 3B and wait for the GSTR 2A to become active. By then the vendor's GSTR 1 will be filed and the credit note will reflect in 2A.

×