DUTY

Hi

Does CVD is still chargeable on imports (except petroleum and alcohol products) under GST regime? As per my understanding CVD is subsumed in GST.

If chargeable, what products attract CVD. When CVD is subsumed under GST why this is again charged.

Can anyone please explain to me

CVD not chargeable under GST regime except petrolium and liquor. IGST charged in place of CVD for other products.

Noted sir. But there are notifications in Customs which is mentioned as additional CVD for subsidized products. Refer notification no.4/2019 which reads as "Seeks to levy countervailing duty on 'Welded Stainless Steel Pipes and Tubes' originating in or exported from China PR and Vietnam, in pursuance of final findings issued by DGTR". Is this different from the CVD which was levied equivalent to Excise duty (prior to GST).

It's also the same now under IGST.

It's also the same now under IGST.