DIDN'T RESPOND OF THE NOTICE U/S 139(9)

13 October 2019
My client has got a notice u/s 139(9). Then he has submitted revised return against his difected return.But he has not responded of the notice. so, responding status are pending. The Revised return has not proceed also till now from last 2 month after received status.
My question is,
IS THERE ANY PROBLEM TO PROCEED THE REVISED RETURN WHEN RESPONSE HAS NOT SUBMITTED NOTICE U/S 139(9)?

CA R SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

Click to Talk 14 October 2019
Respond to the notice and file revised return.

BISWAJIT MAIKAP (Querist)
14 October 2019
Revised Return Has Already Submitted. But Response Time(15 days after got the notice has over) Of The notice is over. so, if i don't response of the notice then are there any problem to proceed the return? or may the revised return proceed?

Darshan Jain (Expert)
15 October 2019
Technically as the original return is defective, revised return could not be taken on record. A return u/s 139(9) may be filed after removing the defects even after 15 days.

×
Get Income Tax App    |    x