Communication of proposed adjustment u/s 143(1)(a)

22 October 2019
Dear sir/madam i have received the following notice.please tell me the solution.

Dear Sir/Madam Subject: Communication of proposed adjustment u/s 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961.

The return for PAN ----------, Assessment Year 2019-20 E-filing- Acknowledgement number ------------------- Dated 12-JUN-19 contains errors/incorrect claims/ inconsistencies which attract adjustment(s), as specified u/s. 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961, as annexed in Part-A [(i) to (v), as applicable].

You are herewith afforded an opportunity to respond to the proposed adjustment(s) u/s. 143(1)(a),mentioned below, within a period of 30 days (thirty days) from the date of issue of this communication. Please provide the required information or file a revised return, as applicable, through online mode. To submit response, kindly log on to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with your "user name and password" and choose "e-Assessment/Proceeding" under the “e-proceeding" section.

Kindly note:
1. Revised return uploaded as above should have all the data to enable processing. It should contain complete information as furnished in the earlier return after correcting the the errors/ incorrect claims/ inconsistencies listed below.
2. You are advised to use the software utility available on the website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in to avoid errors.
3. The online response to this communication will be presumed to be duly verified, correct and complete in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
4. The response so received shall be considered before making any adjustment. In case, no response is received within 30 days (thirty days) of issue of this intimation, the return of income will be processed after making necessary adjustment(s) u/s 143(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961 as proposed in part-A, without providing any further opportunities in this matter.

**"Please ignore this notice if you have already filed a revised return in response to the earlier communication." 15-10-2019 Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax, CPC, Bengaluru

This communication is computer generated and may not contain signature. Where sent by email, this is signed with the digital signature of the Income Tax Department - CPC, which is obtained from a certifying authority under the Information Technology Act, 2000.

For any queries, please quote the PAN,Document Identification Number and call on the telephone number provided above. AMRIT RAJ SINGH Page 1 of 2

Part - A
Adjustments u/s 143(1)(a)
Incorrect Claim u/s 143(1)(a)(ii)
Deduction
Assessee is claiming deduction u/s 80D more than the specified limit

Amount in Income Tax Return 99729/-

Amount as computed 75000/-

Variance on account of Proposed adjustment 24729/-

Please tell me it is mandatory to respond to this notice .if not what will the probelm.

last year i filed my itr at that time amount we mention in claim amount is even more than the specified limit the computer is to take automatically the maximum amount that can be allowed for tax exemption.

Here under 80D i mentioned

(A) Health Insurance Premium - Self and Family including Senior Citizen
Parents 49729/-

(B) Medical expenditure - Parents (senior citizen) 50000/-

what i have spent i mentioned here it's total is 99729 i thought system will take automatically as 75000 but now i got notice that there is variance in amount claiming .

so kindly help me out.

CA R SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

Click to Talk 22 October 2019
Respond to the notice and file revised return. If you don't respond to the notice they will reduce the excess claim.

NJMU 2006 (Querist)
22 October 2019
it means they considered it as 75000 sir or will they remove toatal and keep zero under 80D?

CA R SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

Click to Talk 22 October 2019
Yes they will consider 75000.

NJMU 2006 (Querist)
22 October 2019
So I will not respond sir.

CA R SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

Click to Talk 22 October 2019
Yes.........................

NJMU 2006 (Querist)
SIR NOW I AM GETTING MESSAGE IN ACTIONS '' ADD/VIEW AUTHORISED REPRESENTATIVE WHAT TO DO SIR.

I HAVEN'T FILED REVISED RETURN

CA R SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

Click to Talk 14 November 2019
Ignore it no need to respond.

NJMU 2006 (Querist)
ok sir thankyou verymuch

×
Get Income Tax App    |    x