Capital gain tax on unlisted shares

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 05 June 2012

what will be the tax rate for long term capital which arrived from sale unlisted share? can i get exemption for this? if so when i need to invest. (purchased August 2001 @ Rs.10 each and sold on September 2011 for Rs.40 per share

05 June 2012

You can get indexation benefit.
In Capital Gain Bonds, investment was required to be made within 6 months from
Sept 2011. The time has gone for 54EC.
Now you can invest Sales Consideration in Residential House. You may get exemption U/s 54F if you invest before 31.07.2012.
Or, deposit the amount by opening capital gains account with SBI, BOB or other nationalised bank before 31.07.2012 (Due date of return filing). The said amount has to be utilised within the stipulated time of 2 years /3years from the date of transfer of shares for purchase/ construction of a residential house.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x