Easy Office
LCI Learning

Can HUF Calim Exemption us 54F

This query is : Resolved 

11 July 2024 Hello Members,

I sold of shares in HUF and the proceeds received was then invested in the newly bought residential flat by me and my family. However HUF name is not there in agreement but rest all of the co parceners are owner of the said flat.
Can I claim exemption us 54 F on the Capital Gain on derived on selling of the shares.

11 July 2024 Contractional issue. The flat should have been purchased by Karta through HUF PAN.

11 July 2024 Karta is one off the owner in the said flat, can't he still claim the deduction in the flat purchase.

11 July 2024 No. He can claim it in his individual capacity, not under HUF.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

CAclubindia's WhatsApp Groups Link

Similar Resolved Queries


Unanswered Queries

Answer Query