Arrears of property tax

27 August 2014
Is arrears of property tax paid in assessment year can be claimed in calculation of income from house property?

CA Tejas Mistry (Expert)
27 August 2014
The Municipal taxes must be borne by the landlord
(If the Municipal taxes or any part thereof are borne by the tenant, it will not be allowed).

The Municipal taxes must be PAID during the year (Where the municipal taxes become due but have not been actually paid, it will not be allowed. Similarly, the year to which the taxes relate to, is also immaterial).

So Municipal taxes are allowed on the payment basis.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

GST Live Class
Get Income Tax App    |    x