50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Seller refusing to Give B2B GST invoice

If a seller insists that he will give a B2C GST invoice and not B2B, meaning he will not mention my GST number on the invoice, can I take any action against it?

Yes, take action against it. Report this to jurisdictional GST official.
Do not enter into the transaction with such seller.

Thanks, Mr. Seetharaman for the reply. It is alright that I will not enter into a transaction with that vendor but the query is that can any legal action can be taken or is it his right to refuse the b2b GST invoice.can you refer me to the relevant section or something of the GST law which can be used to report to the concerned authorities

A tax invoice is generally issued to charge the tax and pass on the input tax credit. A GST Invoice must have the following mandatory fields-

Invoice number and date
Customer name
Shipping and billing address
Customer and taxpayer’s GSTIN (if registered)**
Place of supply
HSN code/ SAC code
Item details i.e. description, quantity (number), unit (meter, kg etc.), total value
Taxable value and discounts
Rate and amount of taxes i.e. CGST/ SGST/ IGST
Whether GST is payable on reverse charge basis
Signature of the supplier

Got it, talked to the vendor and he defended himself by saying that
for b2b invoice he has to buy some software and also said that even Flipkart does not issue B2b GSTIN invoice and neither does PAYTM and even Amazon refuses to issue b2b invoice in some cases, which is quite valid and I wonder how they are doing this which as I gather from you and other people is illegal.

Amazon and flipcart are selling their goods to consumers and issue b2c invoice. Your seller argument is wrong. Software allows it. Wrong excuse.

I know that the seller is wrong and I did not buy from the particular seller but with the same yardstick I think Amazon, Flipkart, etc are also wrong.

Amazon and flipcart selling to consumers and it's b2c invoice they are not wrong.

No Sir in Amazon I know for sure has a facility of business account where they give GSTIN Invoice but in more than 50% cases even in the business account, they refuse to issue GSTIN invoice.
As quoted by you in this conversation previously Seller has no option of refusing to mention the GSTIN number in the Invoice if provided to the seller by the buyer
I am quoting you for reference
What are the mandatory fields a GST Invoice should have?

Invoice number and date
Customer name
Shipping and billing address
Place of supply
HSN code/ SAC code
Taxable value and discounts
Signature of the supplier