Regarding non deduction of tds under section 80u

This query is : Resolved 

11 January 2017

Hi, I work as consultant; my TDS is flat 10%(section 194), but i also fall in physically disabled category, i have all necessary certificate to avail return under section 80u.
but i want my employer to not to deduct my TDS ( as i am exempted) rather than i file a return to claim
Is it possible that way or is there any certificate provided by IT dept for NIL tax deduction which i can submit to my employer ?

N Jain (Expert)
12 January 2017

You are working as a consultant and not as employee, the deduction is correct

12 January 2017

You have to file form 13 to the income tax officer obtain certificate for Nil or lower deduction of tax u/s 197A .

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x