Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

Proof / Substance for EMD Payment in Tenders

We file many tenders and submit EMD to Tendering Authorities for tender submission. Our Auditors are asking for receipt/ proof of EMD payment by concerned Tendering Authorities. These tenders are filed on portals like E-Procure and EMD is generally in the form of DD, Online Payment and Bank Guarantees.

Is there any way to obtain substance for EMD payment in this case? Please guide.

One option is to check if such e-procurement portals provide receipts for such payments. If not, tender document is the only supporting document I think.

Thanks Purnima. But I believe Tender Portals don't provide any acknowledgement, other than successful bid filing.

Oh! Another alternative that I could now think of is to contact the tenderer to request for receipts but not all might respond I think.
I think the auditor can consider the tender document itself as a supporting doc wherever receipts are not available.