Automated Data Entry into Tally, Zoho Books, Quickbooks


This query is : Resolved 

31 May 2023 Hello,

Suppose, I am foreign citizen and Non resident since 15-16 yrs and hold PAN card so is there any rule to update my residential status as per income tax site India. basically I have bank account(NRO) in India but income is below taxable limit hence I am not liable to file income tax return in India.

please guide in this matter urgently whether do update my resident status without filing of ITR to income tax site , shall I apply for New PAN as foreign citizen and surrender old PAN?

31 May 2023 No need to update PAN nor mandatory to apply for new PAN.
Better to file nil return under NRI status to convey your status to ITD.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

CAclubindia's WhatsApp Groups Link

Similar Resolved Queries


Unanswered Queries

Automated Data Entry into Tally, Zoho Books, Quickbooks
Advanced Level Course on GST Returns and ITC Issues with CA Abhishek Raja Ram

Follow us

Answer Query