Upgrad

Notice from cpc

Hi Experts,i got a mail from CPC saying - content of letter is...The Income Tax Department- Centralized Processing Centre (ITD-CPC), Bangalore is not in a position to proceed with the e-return filed by you, details of which are indicated above. The return is transferred to Jurisdictional Assessing Officer (in AST) processing of which is to be done by the Jurisdictional AssessingOfficer who may be contacted for further clarifications if any.If your return has already been processed then please ignore this communication.

please help me what to do on this?????????

Call up CPC and seek an explanation from them.

Hi siddharth,thanks for your reply.
As a salaried profession my tax deducted at source. But i had an extra tax which i payed late in March 2012.

I need your expertise to know in (1)for a tds taxpayer in situations do we get this notice ?(2)as per your experience in similar cases,what are the consequences of this notice.

PS:- I got this notice yesterday,so i'm bit worried about the same.

I work in bangalore and filed my returns under Bangalore ITO but my PAN is issued in Chennai and my Jurisdiction officer is chennai ITO.

(3)Can you please let me know if I need to meet Chennai ITO or Bangalore ITO ?
(4)Can you please let me know if some tax consultant can help in this regard ?

Thanks and Regards,
Kiran

The message that you have got indicates that your assessment has been referred back to your jurisdictional officer which we technically ref to as "scrutiny". Since you do not seem to have made any application for transfer of your IT file from Bangalore to Chennai, you have to meet your ITO in Bangalore.

Hi Ratin, thanks for your reply. Just for my understanding,"I need to contact Bangalore ITO and not Chennai ITO,even though my jurisdiction officer as per my PAN says Chennai.sir,please confirm."

You should meet your ITO in Bangalore and make an application for transferring your IT File from the relevant ward in Chennai so that your assessment can be completed by such ITO.

Bajaj Finserv