CCI Online Learning
50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Income tax notice

This query is : Resolved 

Today I got a notice that return for AY 2014-15 will henceforth be rectified by our Assessing Officer........ What to do in this case

If you want to rectify after end of the four years , then you must need permission from the assessing officer.. Visit your jurisdictional income tax office

You may file objection if there is no valid ground for rectification of mistake. ex. if the reason stated involves debatable issue which requires inquiry. Further, the validity of rectification can be challenged if it is beyond the limitation period mentioned in Section 154 of the Act.

Respected Rarhakrishnan K.V Sir, not a single reason is given is my notice... they have just mentioned that our ITR have been taken for rectification and asking us to contact our AO. Sorry to say but our AO is very angry person and never use to hear any thing from our side always use to threat us..... If we go to his office to know the reason is there any negative aspects.....

Actually a scrutiny is going on for AY 2019-20 is this rectification action against present scrutiny

ROM for the AY-2014-15 has nothing to do with the assessment for the AY-2019-20. ROM cannot be made u/s 154 after 4 years. Further, order of ROM cannot be passed without giving an opportunity to the assessee for being heard, in case the effect is increase in tax amount. You may file appeal against the order of ROM.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x