CA Loan Bajaj Finserv
CA Final Online Classes
CA Loan Bajaj Finserv

Income from withdrawal from recognised provident fund

Hello Experts,

I withdrawn Rs.1,12,000/- from recognised provident fund after completing five years of service.
This 1,12,000/- includes employee's share, employer's share and interest.
My query is that while filling ITR-1 which amount i have to mention in exempted income (i.e. employee's share or employer's share or interest)

Dear Husen A. Dela

If you have withdrawn funds from Recognised Provident Fund after completing 5 years of service. Then the full amount is exempt. (i.e, Your Contribution, employer's contribution and interest earned over it.)

Thank you Karan Sir for reply,
i want to know whether employee's contribution will be my income or not.

No Husen A. Dela, neither your contribution nor employer's contribution will be part of your income. All exempt.

I understand all is exempted income, but while filling ITR-1 i have to report exempted income, so in the column of exempted income i need to mention full amount or amount excluding employee's share.

The full amount you need to show.