Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

if original part of C form lost

Dear all,
please let me know any provision or case law in which Assessing officer Accpeted the Duplicate part as equal to the original part if the original part are lost by seller.

C form is divided in three part 1) couter foil - retain by the parchaser of goods.
2)original part - send to the seller of goods and will be submited to the assessing officer as and when required by assessing officer.
3)duplicate part - retain by the seller when the with him self.

as per my view assessing officer must accepted the duplicate part by assessing officer since C form has same No.on all three parts and all detail given is same on all part.

please answer the quation as early as possible.

Ratan Kandare

He cannot accept. As per rules original copy to be given to salestax officer.

Please reply positively with proof

Mr. Uday is right in his reply.

Please go through the latest judgment of Karnataka High Court- [2007] 010 VST 0479 for getting proof and details.

i am not able to find out the given judgement of karanataka.
please provide the link.

Thanks & regards,

Ratan Kandare