How to apply for ST-1 online??


Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 01 November 2010

Plaese if anybody can guide me. How to get registered a proprietorship concern. Who will be applicant in this.I mean name of concern or name of propreitor. what will be premises to be registered?? how to decide about range officer.

Kindly help.

B R Ramesh (Expert)
01 November 2010


follow up these points mentioned below:

1.if a proprietor you need to register in the name of Individual not on the co name.
2.ST number is based on the individual PAN no therefore you need to provide PAN card of the proprietor know your range office log on to

haridhayalan (Expert)
01 November 2010

have pan and address proof in your hand. visit to
2. click service tax in left side
3. click as new user.
4. fill the form wherever * marked.
5. you will get the password to your email.
6. come to website and give your user id password
7. Reg--> fill ST1
8. applicant column can be your name or you may keep your company name also.
9. keep fill the form as your company details. if you give company name then, name of concern also your company name only. there is a page for proprietor details. there you can give proprietor name and same address.

if you are from karnatake. Please let me know your business type. I will tell your commissionerate, division, group range everything.

after entered all,please take print ST1 and click submit. you will get provisional ST registration number. take print that also. enclose the pan copy and address proof. submit to the service tax department. withing 7 to 10 working days you will get the st2 copy to your mail. take print and approach service tax commissioner and get acknowlege. thats all. finished. now you can start your business. best of luck.

B.Chackrapani Warrier (Expert)
02 November 2010

Very nicely and correctly replied.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 03 November 2010

Dear Experts

Thanks for all the help and guidance

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 03 November 2010

But please resolve few more doubts:

If proprietorship concern is to be registered then Name of Applicant will be Name of proprietor or name with which business will be run
As no PAN has been taken in business name but Proprietor has PAN so I have filled name of applicant as name of Proprietor.
What will be filled in Address of Applicant i.e his Residential address or the office address which is to registered.

Further what kind of declaration and Affidavit has to be submitted with ST1.

Please help

CA Shailesh Kumar Bhagat (Expert)
04 November 2010

Address is not the issue , because Reg No. is based on PAN.In case proprietry business, no declration or affidavit is required.

19 March 2015

My company has been incorporated with Ghaziabad, Uttar pradesh address i.e my company registered office is at Ghaziabad but I am not doing business at Ghaziabad.

I wish to open my corporate office (for operation of business) at Delhi from where we will provide the service & I have already taken a office on rent their.

We wish to registered ourself with ST Deptt at delhi office address. Therefore want to know that what address (registered office or corporate office address) I have to fill on the second row i.e Address row (after the name of assesses row) at the time of filling service tax registration form (ST-1).

I believe that as my company registered address is with Ghaziabad, so I have to fill the address of Ghaziabad in address row & delhi office address should be shown in address of business premises row & registration should be taken as a registration of a single premises i.e for delhi address

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Download GST App    |    x