Form 15H for TDS

Due to the lockdown period since 22-03-2020, I have not been able to submit form 15H. I have made a fixed deposit which gives me a interest income of 55000 in the financial year 2019-20, will the last date of submission of form 15H be extended due to lockdown so that tax is not deducted by the bank?

Generally form 15G/15H should be submitted in the beginning of the financial year.If the interest payment is yearly then you may submit in March.. Considering the present situation ,banks may allow you to submit. But contact your banker and submit scan copy / photo of of the form by email.Else mostly interest payment will be on 31st March or 1st April and they may deduct Tds..

If they deduct Tds then file ITR and claim refund

You can wait for any government clarification in relation to From 15G/H extension.

taxpayers
custom
itc
VAT
esic
newgstreturn
corporate law
unified portal
eway bill
gst council meeting
tin nsdl
icai
accounts
dgft
llp
law
ca students
coronavirus
Excise
exams
Union Budget
gstr 9
dvat
gst
Service Tax
itr