Online Updated Classes for CA CS CMA Subjects for Nov 21/May 22 Exams. Enroll Now!! Call: 088803-20003

Export and gst registration

Hello, one of my clients is an exporter of books and they get foreign remittance in their bank.

They then buy those books from a third party and this third party also ships the books to my client’s customers in the US and bills my client. Now because this billing is local billing but it’s for books which has no GST, should my client get GST number?

According to description you have mentioned it seems that your client charges commission for same and under GST person engaged in agency business needs to obtain registration mandatorily.

No, the client doesn't charge commission. my client is an exporter of books and they get foreign remittance in their bank. They export by selling through Amazon US.