Deceased person vs her 26as

11 July 2018
Dear Sir, I am filing income tax returns of both Husband and wife for the assessment year 2018-2019, but Wife was expired in the month of February 2018, and her 26AS shows sizable interest income and tds there on.
Now can i disclose her income also in the husbands income tax return, if so, how can her 26AS income is to be proved is included in the Husbands income tax return. or do i have to file her income tax return, but can we file the income tax return for the expired person. kindly advise


Click to Talk 11 July 2018
Yes you can file ITR for expired person upto the date of death. Register her husband as legal heir in the E filing Portal and file the return in the name of wife.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x