VAT on Freight

Querist : Anonymous

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)

My query is with respect to VAT laws in Karnataka. I would like to know should VAT be paid on Freight (inwards or outwards) mentioned in the invoice. If we raise a debit note seperately for freight charges, no VAT is payable. But if the same is included in the invoice itself (to save documentation) why should VAT be paid on total invoice amount?

Rule 3 of Karnataka VAT Rules deals with determination of turnover. No where in these rules is it mentioned that freight should be included in taxable turnover. Are we right in excluding freight from VAT?

There is no vat on freight if basic taxable value of goods has been shown separately in Invoice.
If the rate of the item is inclusive of freight and there is no separate bifurcation then vat is payable on basic sales amt .( including freight).

ca exams may 2020
Info Technology
mca
gstr 3b
ca rankholder interview
csr
VAT
esic
custom
icsi
income tax
Excise
Union Budget
ca exams
cag
pm cares fund
tin nsdl
aatmanirbhar bharat
epfo
gst return
students
llp
tcs
Service Tax
exams
career
gst
itc