Easy Office
LCI Learning

Transferring funds from abroad

This query is : Resolved 

17 May 2024 Dear Sir,

My wife was working in Ireland from Nov 2021 to Nov 2023 and has earned Salary income in her bank account in Ireland. Now she is settled in India from the past 3 months and will be permanently staying in India. She wants to transfer the amount earned in Ireland to India.

My question is whether she needs to open an NRE account here in India to transfer the amount from Ireland or she can directly transfer in her saving account here in India the entire amount in one go. The taxes on income earned in Ireland has already been paid.

Please help me resolve the query.

Divyesh Jain

17 May 2024 She can transfer the amount directly to her Indian savings account.

17 May 2024 Thank you Sir for your reply.

17 May 2024 You are welcome.

04 June 2024 One more query in this, if a wife transfers money from abroad account to her husband's Indian saving account then will this amount be taxable to husband or husband can show it as Gift from wife.

04 June 2024 Husband can show it as gift from wife.
Clubbing provisions applicable.

04 June 2024 Thanks for your reply.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

CAclubindia's WhatsApp Groups Link

Similar Resolved Queries


Unanswered Queries