CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Trade Name registration

This query is : Resolved 

some body says that proprietorship along with trade name should have local registration.
Let me know what is the local registration?
should the Proprietorship with Trade name be registered?

guide me plz
thanks in adv

Generally Proprietorship do not have any official registration authority. Proprietor has to register its business under Shop & Estblishment Act. Its a primary proof of Business.

I do not have any separate place for my business. I am doing my trading business at home itself. It is enough for getting licence under Shop & Establishment Act.

If you take Shop & Establishment license on your house address, your property will be considered as commercial property and you will have to pay municipal tax at commercial rates. So before taking he licence, you need to keep this point in mind. You may take registration MSME for business poof.

In case if it is rental house, what will be the result?

Please guide me sir

Property has to be seen either as a residential property or commercial property. If the rented property is a residential property, the the point I mentioned earlier will apply.

Ok sir thank u very much.
And, Both of registration i.e under Shop and Establishment Licence Act and MSME is must OR any one is enough.


Basically bankers may ask registration certificate of Shop and Establishment Licence Act for account opening. Otherwise MSME is enough.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x