Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

Salary difference in Form 16 and 26AS

I joined the job in May 2020. But, my employer started deducting TDS from salary since Sep 2020. 

Form 26AS is showing the salary amount from Sep 2020 onwards. Even provisional form 16 from TRACES website shows Salary from Sep 2020 only.

But, Form 16 from employer shows salary from May 2020 onwards.

However TDS is same in both the forms.

Which salary amount should I consider while filing ITR? Can I let go of the amount paid to me from May 2020 to Sep 2020.

Because, I think that Income tax dept verifies salary and TDS amount from 26AS only.

Or, do they have access to the form 16 issued by employer too. 

Expert opinion requested.

File ITR as per form 16 salary from May 2020. Updation of form 26AS taking some time.

Sir, but provisional Form 16 from TRACES website also showing payment from Sep 2020 only

It's delay in updation problem, file ITR considering form 16 of employer (May salary).

You should consider only form 16 and file your return as per form 16