50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Refund sent being rejected by Bank reason given "OTHERS"

Despite confirmed correct Bank details profile and PAN, Refunds sent by SBI/CPC via NECS to NRO SB a/c, it kept on being rejected numerous times by the Bank reason given as "OTHERS".

The bank can't give any explanation what "OTHERS" mean .

Has any of out experts encounter similar issue. if Yes, how did it get resolved . 3 FY refunds are not being deposited via NECS. Every time have to apply for reissue of refund same thing is the outcome (rejected Reason "OTHERS").

I can't explain the reason for "OTHERS". But you may prevalidate your bank account on Income Tax e-filing website after logging in under Profile tab. After that apply for reissue of refund for the relevant AY. I believe this will do and you might be able to receive your refund.

Sir, I 've been applying for reissue of refund, also prevalidating profile with bank account. it says already validated. 3 cases are there and have been doing the reissue for good 15 times now. same rejection reason "Others". In the NSDL portal it states to make the AO request refund authority to reissue the refund. That I may supply the Bank details . That too Ive done. Still not getting resolved.. Unfortunately refunds are not anymore being issued by cheque of which I've made request. This issue started only upon changing the resident SB a/c to NRO a/c 3 years ago.