Rectification in tds challan

This query is : Resolved 

07 December 2012

I have made the payment of TDS deducteed by me in a bank, but the AY was wrongly entered by me, so to rectify that i have to write a letter to my assessing officer, but i just have Area code, AO type, Range Code, AO number, Juridiction Ward, details only.

I wanted to know on which address this letter is to be posted.
Please answer me asap.
Thank you

V K Bajaj (Expert)
08 December 2012

Mr Devanshu!

You must have given the date of deposit. If it is within seven days then Bank will rectify the mistake and thereafter I Tax Officer of your area.

Please visit Stay at home page. On bottom of your left side click on the button named as 'CHALLAN CORRECTION MECHANISM'. Read it and select the procedure applicable to your case. Format of letter is also there to help you.

Devanshu (Querist)
17 December 2012

Thank you Mr. V K Bajaj for your kind help.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x