How to import data from excel to tally?
19 February 2014
How do we import data from excel to tally?
I have tried many things but none proved useful. Please provide suitable explanation / steps or some good links...
Thanks in advance...
19 February 2014
1) Configure Date Format in Control Panel (Recommended)
Excel to Tally uses DD/MMM/YYYY format for date for example 05/Apr/2013. To set this format in your computer follow these steps
a) Windows XP
i) Start Menu > Control Panel > Regional & Language Option > Regional Option > Customized > Date > Short Date Format > DD/MMM/YYYY > OK > OK
b) Windows 7
i) Start Menu > Control Panel > Regional & Language Option > Short Date Format > DD/MM/YYYY > OK
2) Configure Tally ERP 9 (Mandatory)
Open any Company
a) Port Setting: Port 9000
i) Open: Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > Advanced Configuration
ii) Tally Acting as : Both
iii) Enable ODBC Server: Yes
iv) PORT: 9000
b) Master Export XML Setting
i) Open Gateway of Tally > Display > List of Accounts
ii) Press Alt + E
iii) Press N
iv) Language: Default
v) Format: XML
vi) Press Ctrl + A
vii) Yes > Yes
3) How to Export Entry from Excel to Tally ERP 9
a) Copy Paste from Other Excel File
i) Take your Tally Company Back Up (Recommended)
ii) Open Tally ERP and Company in which you want to Export Entries from Excel to Tally
iii) Make Sure that only one Tally is Open and Only One Company is Open
iv) Now Open You Excel File which contains data you want to transfer to tally
v) And then Open Excel To Tally ERP 2014-1.exe
vi) A Excel File Will open
vii) Do Not Enter any data in 1st two columns i.e. “STATUS” AND “REMARKS”
viii) Explanation to Remaining Columns
(1) VCH Type: Paste Here Voucher Type Column
(2) VCH No.: Paste Vch No. If Manual in Tally
(3) Ref. No.: Paste Ref. No. for Sales / Purchase
(4) Date: Paste Date (DD/MMM/YYYY)
(6) Cr. Account & Cr. Amount
(7) Dr. Account & Dr. Amount
(8) For More than one Dr / Cr in single transaction use other Dr / Cr Columns given and leave empty for those not required
ix) Click Export to Tally
x) After Clicking Export to Tally if you see any message and some cells turned to YELLOW it means these ledgers are not Created in Tally. To Create it Click on Create Ledger, Define Group Name and Click Export to Tally.
b) Direct Entry in Excel to Tally
i) Follow above steps but instead of Copy Paste Type Entries in Excel to Tally
There is one utility available for import data from excel to Tally.ERP9. Using this utility u can generate vat report in Tally.
Features of utility:
Book your voucher entries, ledger accounts, price lists etc from exceltotally.in minimal efforts. Just copy and paste your data to our standard templates and that’s all.
Post entries in Daybook format or in Register format there are no limitations. This utility helps user to import data from Excel to tally in various format.
You can say it is converter utility for excel which eliminates your repetitive work and posts financial data to Tally more effectively and easily.
There is also an option to Export data from Tally to MS Excel.
* Excel to Tally Inventory Data Entries Posting (Sales with Inventory, Purchase with Inventory, Debit Not With Inventory, Credit Not With Inventory, Journal Mode Entry with Inventory)
* Excel to Tally Ledger Creation
* Excel to Tally inventory Item Master Creation
* Excel to Tally Multilevel Price List Creation
* Excel to Tally Multiple Modes Entries Posting
* Excel to Tally Sub-Group Creation
* Excel to Tally Day Book Entries Posting in vertical Format with Multiple Ledgers
* Select Ledgers by activating "List of Accounts" in Excel to fast & error free entries
* Post Voucher Entries in Tally via Excel in Specific Ledger which is Created under Sub-Group
* Automatic Ledger Creation while Booking Entries Excel to Tally
* Set up to 81 Fixed Ledgers Heads to import voucher entries excel to tally
* No Need to import / Export
* No Port Settings
* No Need to Create / Generate XML files all steps are automatic
download AUTO4 from http://www.exceltotally.in
29 May 2016
I am also agree with you Nikki G
15 June 2018
For over a decade, Shweta Softwares helps people import data from Excel to Tally ERP using udiMagic software.
STEPS TO IMPORT FROM EXCEL TO TALLY
1. Start Tally ERP and Open a Company.
2. Start udiMagic software
3. Select the option "Excel to Tally"
4. Select the option "Import data into Tally"
5. Click the Browse button and select any Standard Excel template provided with udiMagic converter
6. Click the Start button
Download udiMagic Excel to Tally 30 days trial version : https://www.rtslink.com/