50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Defaults in tds

Please advise me, I have received a letter from TDS ward against intimation u/s 200A.
I have download defaults detail from nsdl and check it that department charging 20% a higher tds deduction on each entries.

When I discussed with the department, they are saying that Its fault in your return. but i have checked the return, i could not find any discrepancy.

Kindly advise us what I do.

Best regards,
Krishan Kumar

Check whether PAN of deducted mentioned ed or not.

Check the following:

1. Whether the PAN numbers of the deductees are mentioned in your quarterly returns or not
2. Whether the PAN numbers are correct or not or else they would be considered as invalid

The defaults list (details) that you can download from the TIN website will provide you complete details of the faults in your return.

I have checked, most of pan no. of deductees are correct, still they are charging 20% higher deduction.

Best regards,
Krishan Kumar