CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Condonation letter under section 119(2)(b)

This query is : Resolved 

we filed the Return of FY 2014-15 (AY 2015-16)in ITR 1 well before due date .we received notice under 143 a raising further Demand of Income Tax.Immediately we filed Return ITR 2 on 07112015 itself.stating that we have wrongly filed the return in ITR 1 and the Assessee left to Overseas during the FY 2014-15.Our return is assigned to AO.Till Jan 2020 we have not received any response from CPC.we received notice hard copy in Jan 2020 advising us to pay the outstanding Demand Notice.We filed in Grievances in the portal.On 27052020,we received resolution for our Grievances,statting that the return ITR 2 filed on 07112015 is not processed and advised me to check e proceedings in our Ac portal and submit condonation letter,online,without visiting any ITD office(message to our mobile ) under section 119(2)(b) .we logged in to our Efiling portal(individual Ac only) and checked the Service Request under my AC and clicked on condonation request,but could not find any records.we could not find any link in the portal to submit our condonation request.Pl guide me in this matter,advising us,how to file the condonation letter online.

Condonation request can be sent online only for delay in E verification of return. Check ITR 2 filed is E verified.
119(2)(b) condonation has to be submitted to CIT manually in respect return not filed.

Sir,I submitted revised return in the same year of original return filed ie 2015 and e verified and the return was assigned to AO.I received an sms fron CPC advising me to see E proceedings in Efile portal and submit condonation letter to PR CIT-4 online,without visiting any ITD office.This message i received in response to grievences filed by me and grievnces closure by CPC is dt 27052020 and due date for response is given it may be invardantly run error.Shall I send the condonation letter online to e mail ID of AO, as I can not travel to Bangalore from my present place of Kakinada.Pl guide me,sir.

No condonation letter is required as you have filed revised return within due date and E verified.
Your return is assigned to AO of your jurisdiction. Send E mail to him and request him to process the revised return filed which is assigned to him.

Thank You Sir,for your clear guidance.

Welcome............ ....

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x