CA Sanjeev Kr Jain
25 March 2008 at 22:53

section 2 (14)

I require notifications / ciculars issued under section 2(14)for the purpose of fixing distance from municipal limits

Anil
25 March 2008 at 22:07

TDS on Salary CREDITED on 31 March.

Replying to a query asked by a CAclub member , many people have answered that -

In case if Salary is credited on 31 March, the due date for payment of TDS is 31 May.

BUT as per Rule 30 of Income Tax Rules, Salary is exception to above rule. So it has to be paid within 7th of end of the month in which Salary is credited.

Please confirm this AFTER refering to Rule 30 of Income Tax Rules.

S.RAVICHANDRAN
25 March 2008 at 20:36

CST reduced to 2 % from 3%

When will the amendment be effected. Is it right from the budget date or 01.04.2008?

Ravi Jagetiya(CA Final)

Sir please let me clear on this head say if i hav a car which is wholy used for business purpose. What will be the consequences.
If u have any other matter which can give me edge in this topic, plz provide the same.

Ravi Jagetiya(CA Final)

Ravi Jagetiya(CA Final)
25 March 2008 at 19:36

FBT on telephone

Sir since the FBT is liable only if employee is being benifited from the expenditure incured by employer.
In many cases it's very difficult to find out the exact proportion of his personal use ,say my company is paying my cell bill normally 1100/month. but it is being used by me for company business purpose as well as for my own purpose.

help me plz.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi Jagetiya(CA Final)
25 March 2008 at 19:30

FBT Querry

Sir It is not clear whether the expenditure incurred under the head of "sales promotion & publicity" or any other head of FBT shall not be considered as FBT in any other head, say, traveling and hotel expenses incurred for "organizing a trade fair press conference or business convention" ( which is not liable to FBT as the same is excluded from "sales promotion & publicity" head) of employees shall be excluded from the other heads say "conveyance, tour & travel" or not.

please gide me.

Anshuman Bardhan
25 March 2008 at 16:52

Resource material on Society Taxation

Does any one have resource material on Society Taxation. Can you please provide it.

Anshuman Bardhan
25 March 2008 at 16:50

Return of Income u/s 139(4A)

1. This section states that return of income need not file if the total income is less than the maximum amount not chargeable to tax. So is there no liability to file return if total income is below 1,10,000/- for FY 2007-08.
2. Is this section applicable to societies also.

Vrushank
25 March 2008 at 15:53

NRI Taxation - Technical Service Fees

One of our clients is in to the business of producing animation films for which it enters into contracts with non resident US Individuals in various capacities as writer, director, distributor etc. Whether the payments to such individuals be considered as Technical Service Fees for TDS. If yes, then what rate should be charged considering DTAA & IT Act. If no, then what procedure should be followed. Is there any provision for no deduction or lower deduction of tax. if yes, then wats the provision & the procedure. An early reply is sought.