Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Wrong incometax payment

This query is : Resolved 

dear sir,i have paid incometax for asscessment year 2012-2013 wrongly under head regular asscessment[400] ihave to pay this amount under self asscessment head[300]how to rectify this error?please advice me.i have made this payment online 15 days before.
with thanks

i. The tax-payer has to submit the request form for correction (in duplicate) to
the concerned bank branch.
ii. The tax-payer has to attach copy of original challan counterfoil.
iii. In case of correction desired for challans in Form 280, 282, 283, the copy of
PAN card is required to be attached.
iv. In case of correction desired for payments made by a tax-payer (other than
an individual), the original authorization with seal of the non-individual taxpayer
is required to be attached with the request form.
v. A separate request form is to be submitted for each challan.

within 3 months you can apply for correction

You Can also apply for correction to Assessing officer

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .
Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries