Tds

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 October 2017

I am a Sr. Citizen having an A/C under SCSS in SBI . My income exceeds 3.Laks but for taking maximum benifit under 80C & 80D I don't come under Income-tax and for that I submitted 15H form on time. I received a SMS from my bank on 30th Sept. 2017 that TDS of Rs. 4,015 /- ( 2,815/- + 1,200/- ) has been deducted on 30th Sept,2017 from int. of SCSS A/C for 1st and 2nd Qrs. On meet to bank Manager and showing 15G , the manager said , no further TDS will be deducted from my A/c and 16A form will be issued to me at the end of this FY. TDS amt. will be refunded after filing return. Actually Bank has done wrong . In such case whether I can lodge complaint against SBI and where complaint will be lodged for wrong deduction of I-tax.
With regard,
Sudhir Saha

K Srinivas, CMA CS (Expert)
12 October 2017

TDS on SCSS Interest is deductible if the total interest exceeds Rs.10000. Pls check whether your total interest income exceeds Rs.10000

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 13 October 2017

My total interest exceeds Rs. 10,000 but total income with int. does not exceed Rs. 3,00,000 and Form 15H was submitted to Bank not to deduct TDS .

×
Get Income Tax App    |    x