Return filed in Wrong Jurisdiction


19 February 2010

A pvt company has been alloted PAN card which shows the status as "Firm". The mistake is on the part of NSDL as the PAN application filed was correct. We have filed the online return as per the Wrong PAN and it is going to the wrong jurisdiction and not to the company. Can ITO process the return u/s 143(1) summary assessment and issue refund accordingly?

CA.Pujah (Expert)
19 February 2010

See, PAN is not wrong as it has been alloted to you by appropriate authority.
Go to NSDL site & apply for correction of PAN. It that you need to tick & fill in details which are to be corrected. Change the status & send the hard copy of acknowledgement to the given address. It will be okay on your part.

Pragnesh (Expert)
19 February 2010

Dear Rohan First you should file TAN correction form either manually or online. The Process will take 10 to 15 days. don,t go for wrong filing, it creat lot of complication in your filing and refund process.

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

close x
Get Income Tax App    |    x